Engage your EFL-ESL students in a task-based unit about the traditional school mascot and teach them how to create their own mascot.
Your School Mascot Unit in detail:
This is a set of 26 worksheets about the traditional school mascot. It’s a task-based unit in which your students will discover what a mascot symbolizes, what it does and what it should do. As a final project, they will create their mascot, present it and defend it in front of the school board.
- The unit is organized in 4 steps, 3 intermediary and 1 final, each offering a task.
- Step 1: Discover
- 1.School mascots
- 2.A country mascot
- 3.Some literary mascots
- Task 1: Write an article
- Step 2: Learn
- 1.At Mascot School (2 levels) with bonus activity
- 2.A mascot’s job
- 3.A mascot’s evolution (advanced level only)
- Task 2: Speak up: « Why have a mascot? »
- Step 3: Go Further
- 1.Dos and Don’ts of a mascot*
- 2.Some derogatory mascots
- Task 3: Prepare the mascot’s charter.
This set is not editable. The links to listening, reading and viewing activities are included. The files in the archive are PDF to be open in Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may want to complement this unit with our set of animal similes flashcards (to help your student defend their animal).
Please download the preview to get a detailed overview.
Wanna get freebies? Sign up for our newsletter!