Engage your EFL-ESL students in a task-based unit about New York City and have them discover iconic landmarks.
Your New York City Unit in detail:
This is a set of 25 worksheets about New York City. It’s a task-based unit in which your students will learn how to present landmarks and organize tours.
The unit is organized in 3 steps, 2 intermediary and 1 final, each offering a task.
- Step 1: Discover
- Brainstorm about New York symbols
- Watch a report: What makes New York, New York?
- Listen to a tour and list must dos
- Think about grammar: the imperative.
- Task 1: Take part in a social media campaign
- Step 2: Learn
- Watch and rate landmarks
- Read an article: New York City superlatives
- Discuss why NYC is the greatest city in the world
- Think about grammar : the superlatives
- Task 2: Debate about the best visit in New York
- Step 3: Go further
- Watch a video
- Read an article
- Play a game
- Think about grammar: will, would rather and should/shouldn’t
- Final task 3: Create your own tour (2 versions)
- B&W version
- Answer Key
This set is not editable. The links to listening, reading and viewing activities are included. The files in the archive are PDF to be open in Adobe Acrobat Reader and some mp3 files for the phonology activity. Teacher’s Notes and Answer Key are included. This PDF is interactive so you can type your answers. The file is also divided to separate students’ files from the answer key. This unit was custom made for one of our customers. If you want to do the same, click here.
Other teachers also liked:
Please download the preview to get a detailed overview.
Wanna get freebies? Sign up for our newsletter!