If you’re willing to have your students discover the story of Ruby Bridges this unit, full of different activities, built with engaging documents, will offer them 4 great projects.
Your Ruby Bridges Unit in detail:
This packet comprises 62 pages and offers a color and B&W version. It enables you to work on Ruby Bridges’ life using a variety of documents and engaging activities with your students.
- Step 1: Discover
- Describe primary sources documents
- Describe and analyze a painting (two versions)
- Task 1: Record an audioguide
- Step 2: Learn
- Listen to a testimony
- Watch a movie extract
- Read a biography
- Task 2: Roleplay an interview
- Step 3: Go Further
- Read an extract from a novel
- Work on Grammar
- Listen to a song (bonus activity)
- Task 3: Explain
- Final Task: an ABC from this book
How to use this resource:
This unit can be used as a class project but also offers you the possibility to organize activities in groups or centers.
This product also exists in a bundle.
Please download the preview to get a detailed overview.
Wanna get freebies? Sign up for our newsletter!