Do you wish to teach a special lesson to your students for St George’s Day? Do you often run out of time to do meaningful St George’s Day activities?! Then this flapbook is the perfect go-to solution for you and your students! And it makes a great finished production to display!
Your St George’s Day Flapbook in detail:
This flapbook is a culture reference guide to have your students learn more about the national day of England. You will just need to print out 3 pages (on white paper if you want your students to color in the illustrations). Four versions are included: colored or B&W, completed or to be completed. Feel free to ask for another one if you need. You will also find 4 version of a KWL chart for a pre-reading and post-reading activity.
The different tabs will enable your students to learn or research information about the following topics:
❑ When and where is it celebrated?
❑ A Christian celebration
❑ What is St George’s symbol?
❑ How to celebrate (with a QR code linking to a video activity)
How to use this resource:
• You will only print out three pages, whether with blanks to be completed by your students or whether with the complete text to be read and studied by your students.
• Your students may complete this flapbook at home as a research project or you can do it in class (or in the ICT lab).
• You may even try to make it as a group activity: each group is in charge of one of the tabs, or each member of the group has to complete it. You may even have a « reference » group or student who has the information and gives them to the other students.
• You can use the KWL charts that are also provided as a pre-reading activity (what do your students know about St George’s Day? what do they want to know?) and as a post-reading activity (what did they learn?).
• The possibilities are endless. Once the tabs are completed, have your students color in the illustrations, cut out along the lines and staple after placing the tabs in the right order. You can have them stick it in their notebook for future reference.
This flapbook is a PDF document, it is not editable. It will be part of our April Events Flapbook Bundle.
Please download the preview to get a detailed overview.
Wanna get freebies? Sign up for our newsletter!